Thank you @trishlowesmith for the fantastic Gallery Talk at @draytonhall yesterday! Trish discussed one part of an original double-hung window sash that still had its original muntins. The window sashes currently in the house, such as the one seen here, were 19th century replacements with much thinner muntins typical of the time period. Slide to see Trish pointing out the beefier muntins of the earlier sash. Matching Roman numerals on both the sash and window revealed that the sash on display in the gallery was originally installed in the window to the left of this one. #theaccidentalpreservationist
Welcome to @bacio.rosso, a cirque experience hosted under a genuine antique Belgian Spiegeltent in the midst of #QueenElizabethPark. This majestic mirror palace has seen over a century of wonders within its handcrafted woodwork walls. 🎪✨💋
1062an hour ago
Located in #Herfordshire Ashridge House was once home to Henry VIII. Today Ashridge is a world class conference venue, ideal for meetings, training, team building and functions, all within 35 mins of central #London With over 30 #meetings rooms, 190 bedrooms and 5000 acres of gardens, Ashridge is the perfect venue for all of your #events.
St. Mary's Gate - a historic water gate of the Main Town in Gdansk. It is located on the Motława River near Długa Pobrzeże, at the exit of Mariacka Street and next to the House of the Nature Society. The gate has late Gothic forms. It was probably built in the last quarter of the 15th century (first mentioned in 1484), on the plan of an elongated rectangle measuring approximately 25 m × 7.3 m, closing the outlet of Mariacka Street. It is distinguished by the greater asymmetry and more massive octagonal turrets flanking the eastern façade from the neighboring Chlebnicka Gate. In the basement there is a passage over which there are coats of arms: from the side of Motława coat of arms of the Kingdom of Poland, "bowing" side arms of Gdańsk and the coat of arms of Royal Prussia (so-called heraldic bow), and from the side of Mariacka street the coat of arms of Gdańsk held by two lions . The facades are dismembered with blends (partially double), closed with a double pointed ogive from the top. The whole is covered with a gable roof with a ridge parallel to Motława. Above the crossings there are stepped peaks topped with crenelage, which were added during the reconstruction of the gate after the destruction in 1945. In the 16th century, the gate lost its military significance and was rebuilt into flats. After quite a significant destruction in 1945, the gate was rebuilt in 1958-61 and was intended for use in the Archaeological Museum. During reconstruction, rooms in the gate were connected with the neighboring House of Nature Society. In 1998, a plaque commemorating Alexander von Humboldt and his connections with Gdańsk, including honorary membership in the Gdańsk Natural History Society, was laid from the side of Motława.